If you’ve never used the steam option on your Instant Pot before, this Instant Pot citrus cod is the perfect opportunity to give that function a go!
Instant Pot Citrus Cod
Instant Pot recipes are just the best, always! Who doesn’t love to save time and still have an amazing dinner to put on the table?
I’m in love with this Instant Pot citrus cod recipe because it’s so easy and comes out perfect every time!! The light and flaky steamed fresh fish mixed with a hint of citrus flavors gives you a meal that is perfect for any spring or summer occasion. Or maybe if you want a little brightness in your kitchen!
Ingredients to make Instant Pot Citrus Cod:
- Blood orange
- Navel orange
Grab parchment paper and some salt and pepper too!
Do I Have To Use Cod?
Buying fish can be a little tricky, especially if the kind you want sells out before you can get to the store, so here are your other options if you can’t find what you’re looking for, or simply don’t like cod.
- Black Cod
- Striped Bass
- Mahi Mahi, Grouper
Can I Make Instant Pot Citrus Cod In Advance?
To maximize the shelf life of cooked cod for safety and quality, refrigerate the cod in shallow airtight containers or wrap tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Properly stored, cooked cod will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze the cooked for up to three months.
Tips For Cooking Fish In An Instant Pot
- You can place your fish right on the trivet in the Instant Pot, or place your ingredients into a small baking dish, and place that into the instant pot.
- If you are starting with frozen seafood, you will need to up the cooking time by about 4-5 minutes.
- Be sure to get quality cod if possible. When you opt for the cheaper options it often means it is farmed seafood which isn’t as healthy or nutritious as organic seafood. It is also full of liquid so your dish may turn out to be watered down.
What To Serve With Citrus Cod?
Potatoes always make a great side dish with fish no matter how you prepare them. Regardless of how you make them, they taste excellent with white fish like cod or tilapia.
If you want a lighter meal, opt for a simple salad. Try to go with dressing and mixture that will go well with the citrus flavors in the cod.
Another healthy side to choose is mixed vegetables. There’s nothing better than some lightly seasoned roasted or grilled vegetables paired along with this citrus cod. Try cutting up some bell peppers, carrots, and zucchini for a tasty and nutritious mix.
Love This Recipe? Then Try These Other Amazing Seafood Recipes
Instant Pot Citrus Cod
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cod
- 1 small blood orange, sliced
- 1 small navel orange , sliced
- 1 small lime, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the insert of your pressure cooker and place the trivet on top.
- Lay out parchment paper and in the center of the parchment paper, place two to three slices of zucchini. Then add the cod and season with salt and pepper. On top, in alternating order, stagger the citrus, then place dill on top of citrus. Fold the parchment paper and create a pouch (see photo in blog post).
- Repeat for the second piece of cod.
- Place both pouches inside the pressure cooker and secure the lid making sure the vent is on sealing.
- Press the steam button on the front of your machine then change the time to 3 minutes. Once done, immediately release pressure.
- Carefully remove the pouches and let sit for 5 minutes before opening. Be extremely careful as steam is hot!
- Serve with a side salad or your favorite vegetable or starch.