This quick and easy creamy sun-dried tomato chicken skillet is all made in one-pot and it is so flavorful! Your dinner crew is going to be begging for more!
Creamy sun-dried tomato chicken skillet
If you aren’t cooking with sun-dried tomatoes, you are missing out on flavor!
For as long as I can remember, I have always loved cooking with sun-dried tomatoes. They give such a unique bite to the dish and when mixed in with a cream sauce, it is so yummy!
This creamy sun-dried tomato chicken skillet comes together in 30 minutes and it could not be any easier!
It truly satisfies all dinner criterias: easy, quick, flavorful, and no-fuss!
Ingredients for this sun-dried tomato chicken skillet
- Chicken thighs
- Poultry seasoning
- Grape tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Chicken stock
- Heavy cream
- Tomato paste
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
Can I use chicken breasts instead?
I really highly recommend against chicken breasts in most recipes because the flavor is just so lacking. Dark meat is where its at and it retains moisture so much better.
However, if you must, you can use chicken breasts, but I would recommend thin slicing them (such as slicing the chicken breasts in half length-wise) because otherwise, it’ll take too long too cook and the liquid may evaporate and your chicken breasts won’t be cooked through.
Can I use sun-dried tomatoes that are neither packed in water or oil?
Yes, you can. The ones packed in oil have nice flavor though from being packed in there with other seasonings!
How to store leftovers
Wait, you have leftovers? How is that possible? Lol, just kidding.
You can store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other recipes that use sun-dried tomatoes
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Skillet
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces grape tomatoes
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes*
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped basil leaves, for topping (optional)
- Season chicken with poultry seasoning on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and place on a plate. You will finish cooking it through later.
- In the same skillet, add the grape tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until grape tomatoes are softened and bursting.
- Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, tomato paste, and cheese to the skillet with the tomatoes. Stir then add the chicken back into the skillet. Bring mixture to a gentle simmer and let cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and liquid has thickened.
- Once done cooking, sprinkle fresh basil on top before serving.