If you’re looking for the perfect weeknight dinner that’s packed with bold flavor and perfectly filling, you need to make creamy cajun alfredo pasta! Trust me, this will definitely be your new favorite pasta dish.
Creamy cajun alfredo pasta
I can’t seem to get enough of comforting, creamy pastas! They’re so good all year long.
Seriously, just a bite of this pasta will have you craving a giant glass of red wine and a bubble bath to wind down the night…okay, maybe that’s just me.
Regardless of how you feel after you take a bite of this creamy cajun alfredo pasta, you’re going to obsess over how easy this dinner is. It’s decadently creamy and made with a spicy and kicked up cajun seasoning which makes it truly irresistible.
Plus, the pieces of tender white meat chicken are cooked to perfection and mix incredibly well with the pasta noodles and flavorful cajun sauce.
Ingredients for creamy cajun alfredo pasta:
- Pasta noodles
- Chicken tenderloins
- Cajun seasoning
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
You can use fettuccine or spaghetti pasta. Whichever one you prefer will work just fine in this creamy dish!
What else can I add to this cajun pasta?
If you want to make this pasta dish even more cajun, consider tossing in some shrimp or crawfish tails!
Just cook the shrimp and/or crawfish tails accordingly, and make sure you add a good amount of cajun seasoning to them as they cook. They’ll be delicious when mixed in with the creamy cajun alfredo pasta!
What should I serve with it?
Since creamy cajun alfredo pasta is a pretty hearty entreé, I recommend serving something on the lighter side for your side dish.
Of course, you can’t forget the sprinkle of parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley on top!
If you want to go for something heartier, garlic bread would be an awesome choice!
How long will it stay fresh?
Before popping your leftovers into the refrigerator, make sure they’re in an airtight container! The creamy sauce will dry up quickly if not stored correctly.
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, your pasta should stay fresh for up to 3 days.
To reheat, consider using the stovetop at a low temperature instead of the microwave for best results!
How to freeze creamy cajun alfredo pasta:
To start, make sure the pasta is cooled off completely and in an airtight container. Tupperware or durable Zip-Loc bags work perfectly.
The pasta will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, just put the frozen pasta back into the pot and reheat it at a low temperature with the lid on. Stir frequently and add more milk for liquid, if needed!
Craving more cajun?! Be sure to check out these cajun-inspired recipes:
Creamy Cajun Alfredo Pasta
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 pound fettuccine or spaghetti pasta
- 4 chicken tenderloins, sliced diagonally into 1.5″ pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened, and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt, and add in your pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the package then drain when finished cooking. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add a little oil then once the pan is hot, brown your chicken on both sides and season with Cajun seasoning. Cook chicken through, about 5-7 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and then add in the garlic. Cook the garlic with the butter for about 2 minutes, until fragrant, then whisk in the cream cheese. Continue whisking for 2 minutes then gradually add in the milk while whisking. Finally, whisk in the Parmesan cheese until a nice, smooth sauce forms. Add salt and pepper, more to taste.
- Add the cooked chicken in the sauce and then add in your pasta.
- Gently fold the pasta and chicken into the sauce, covering everything in the sauce.
- Serve hot with a side of garlic bread or side salad!